Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The things I talk about....

Names have been removed to protect the innocent... or they would have been removed had anyone BEEN innocent in the conversation:

Me: Ok.
Me: I need to argue kid tv show logic for a second.
Me: Now you're familiar with Swiper from Dora, right?

Mina: Swiper, no swiping, Swiper, no... Oh, man.

Me: *snort* I'll take that as a yes ;)
Me: Anyways, they are advertising a christmas program.
Me: where.. huge surprise.. swiper is on santa's naughty list.

Mina: Poor Swiper.

Me: so the gang is going to get him on the nice list
Me: now seriously
Me: swiper is BAD
Me: he doesn't deserve any fucking presents.
Me: he spends his whole year stealing from his friends.
Me: so they're going to get him back on the "nice" list and he's going to stay that way? Fuck no.
Me: Next episode he'll be stealing again.

Mina: They aren't his friends and he's got a compulsion. He'll need therapy, not a pat on the head from Santa...... WHY are we talking about this?

Me: *waits for you to stop laughing at me*
Me: They are going to go back in time (and into the future) to see why he should be good. But it's not going to stick! I mean really!

Mina: *pets*

Me: Why are we talking about this? Umm.. because Max and Ruby isn't on for me to lecture about teenage motherhood or child psycho killers?

Mina: That would be it.

Me: *considers posting this to a FB note since others would be amused by it too....*

Mina: LOL, yes.

Me: not to mention prove that I need a life.

Mina: yes


Oh, and if anyone missed the Max and Ruby thread on my FB, let me know *grins*

1 comment:

  1. Copy/paste from FB about Max and Ruby:

    Janet Lintz Greenley is discussing why she thinks Ruby (of Max and Ruby) is a teenage mom... and realizing that she needs to get out of the house more and socialize with adults.


    Andrea Barrong Dillard lol. She does kind of seem that way, doesn't she?


    Janet Lintz Greenley Yes! She is a teenager (or maybe preteen?) and she calls her Mom "Grandma" for Max's benefit. ;)


    Katherine Muzyczka YOU NEED A LIFE!


    Janet Lintz Greenley ‎*Grins* Yes, yes I do. I spend way too much time around children... must see more adults....


    Heather Balle-Mason I declare a wtf.


    Janet Lintz Greenley She's giving Max a bath now and is cleaning him off... what little kid would clean her brother off? ;)


    Amy Rennerfeldt Rapp wow it all makes sense now......


    Janet Lintz Greenley She's doing chores and cleaning before "Grandma" arrives, and is worried about how Max will look for when she arrives.... That doesn't sound "sisterly" to me.. that's "motherly" ;)


    Janet Lintz Greenley My conclusion is either that Ruby is Max's mom... or...
    Their parents were killed by a serial killer or in a horrific accident while they were young and Ruby had to take over all responsibilities of Max.


    Jennifer Rose that makes sense to me!

    *has no life either*


    Rebecca Curran Ashkettle I think Ruby was the serial killer. Nobody is that unremittingly perky when faced with a consistently wayward young child to care for. The perkiness is hiding some dark and scary things, I'm tellin' ya!


    Hagen Kirk Max was the one who did the killing. Always have to watch the quiet ones. He killed them all when he was even youger, and then went back to playing with his toys. Grandma staged things to look like a robbery gone bad



    Janet Lintz Greenley Rebecca - *LOL* You have a good point there. Either that or she's on some GOOD drugs....

    Hagen - Ok, I could see Max being the killer.. he has that look about him.

    Maybe it was both of them? Or even Grandma?!

    I think maybe Ruby is Max's mother, but they both killed Ruby's parents (Max's grandparents) when they were young and Grandma (who is really just an old lady who lives in the neighborhood) helped them cover it up.



    Hagen Kirk yeah Beryl is pretty obsessed with her younger sister. I have to call her off of telling her sister when she's being bad heh.



    Stephanie Walsh Williams technically speaking Ruby is Max's sister, but I don't understand why they never show the parents. Wierd. I always end up feeling bad for Ruby that she always has to drag Max along. I need out more too I guess.



    Judy Masucci My son always ASKS where Max & Ruby's parents are!!



    Andrea Barrong Dillard From Wiki: According to Wells (the author), "As in most other classic stories, we don't see Max and Ruby's parents, because I believe that kids resolve their issues and conflicts differently when they are on their own. The television series gives kids a sense about how these two siblings resolve their conflicts in a humorous and entertaining way."



    Andrea Barrong Dillard Also, apparently Max is 3 and Ruby is 7.



    Hagen Kirk ‎7 in bunny years is certainly at least teenager. Dead parents, from the horse's mouth! :)

    ReplyDelete