Saturday, January 16, 2010

Copied from my LJ

I have a second journal at http://skyrose.livejournal.com/ which usually has more non-parenting stuff. I'll probably be cross-posting for a while until I figure out what is doing where ;)


Things I miss... or do you have to visit a Hellmouth to find a date?

I was watching some old episodes of Buffy today while sketching my outline for class and it made me think of a lot of things. I'm probably one of the few people who start thinking deeply about things while watching *Buffy*, but anyways....
Watching the scenes with Zander and Cordelia... and then the whole thing with Willow/Zander and Willow/Oz and Zander/Cordelia made me really wish that I had someone to go out with... to cuddle with... to have sex with... hell, someone who cares about me in that way at all or who can touch me without making it look like they've just touched someone with the plague accidentally. I miss it.

What I do know is that I miss having a guy (or girl) to just flirt with, hang out with, to come with me to take the kids to the mall to the play area. Someone to be with to enjoy each other's company. Not to be forced or coerced to do stuff and have them sitting and watching the clock the whole time.

Come to think about it, when I was dating, Karl and I got along a *lot* better than any other time. Maybe we are both just more relaxed? I don't know.

I'm not even sure where I would go to find someone. I never really did the whole "dating" thing to begin with, so it's not like I could "get back into" it. And really, where does one who has two kids with special needs get time to date or find someone!? Is there a match.com for parents of special needs kids? :P

Or, as I said in the subject... do you have to visit a Hellmouth to find a date?
Mood: curious

No comments:

Post a Comment